top of page

Wills & Trusts

You can't take it with you.

I can help you create a legacy plan that is logical and useful to your loved ones, both in life and after death.* In fact, my hope--unlike many attorneys who write wills and trusts--is that your family will need me very little after your passing. The truth is, a great plan is only great if your loved ones can follow it! We can even create a pet care trust to make sure your furry family is taken care of upon your passing.

While I do not wade into large estate (i.e. greater than $5 million single/$10 million couple net worth, farming operation) plans, I can help you decide whether a living trust, other probate avoidance devices, or standard Will is the best decision for your family. We can even tackle it remotely! Licensed in Kansas.

*Please note that at this time, we do not offer ongoing trust administration. We can refer you to a local professional trust administrator where necessary.

Powers of Attorney, 
Living Wills, Guardianships

No one can perfectly predict disasters that may result in long term illness or incapacity. My firm offers a variety of planning tools to prepare for (or respond to) an event wherein you or your loved one is unable to make healthcare or legal and business decisions.

When combining all of these services with one another (or with a Will or other planning tools) you may qualify for a discount. Click below to learn about estate planning and to activate contact. I am happy to provide a current pricing list.

REMOTE SERVICE NOTICE: Consultations may be conducted by video. Local clients may request a house call, pending approval. Clients may choose to have their documents witnessed within their current "social bubble" (such as their bank or insurance agent) to reduce community virus spread. A current price list may be requested available at this link. I will do my best to accommodate you.

Property Transfer
& Probate Avoidance

Transfers of property include not only real estate and belongings, but financial interests as well. While you may be able to find pre-printed or do-it-yourself forms on the internet, it is important to consult with an attorney--in cooperation with your accountant or financial planner--to avoid creating problems with your tax returns or long-term care plan.


Whether you want to transfer property to a loved one, a purchaser, or even back to  yourself in another form, I can draft and help file your documents with the appropriate authorities,* as well as work with other professionals to ensure such a transfer fits with your overall financial and healthcare plan. 


*In most cases, client will pay recording fees.

bottom of page